Sunday, May 13, 2018

LASER


The Leonardo Art Science Evening Rendezvous gave me insight about careers you can have by utilizing both science and art. To me, it always seemed like such jobs didn’t truly exist in the real world. I thought the two cultures dominated the work place, and there was no such thing as a blend between the two. However, after listening to the presentation, I learned that this is not the case. Learning about such diverse careers and research paths allowed me to open my eyes to other career options, and showed me that jobs don’t have to be black or white.
I particularly liked Maru Garcia’s presentation. I was inspired by her journey throughout her career paths. This was a relief to me because it shows you aren’t confined to one career for your entire life. I enjoyed her stories of switching back and forth from the arts to science, and using knowledge of all of her previous careers for her current one. I especially enjoyed her work on making designs in bacteria petri dishes, and thought it was interesting how she related it back to her culture. It reminded me of Drew Barry's Body Work, which is one of my favorite pieces presented to me in this course. I have always been fascinated by the aesthetic of biological systems, and it excites me that art like that exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment